Asparagus - 8-10 stalks
Red Bell Pepper - 1 medium
Garlic - 1-2 fat cloves
Extra virgin Olive oil - to brush
French Baguette - 10 - 12 slices
Grated Parmesan - to sprinkle
For the marinade:
Plain Greek Yogurt - 3 tbsp
Cream cheese - 3 tbsp, softened
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Roasted cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
Red chilli flakes - 2 tsp [adjust to taste]
Salt - to taste
1.Wash the asparagus and rinse them thoroughly. Break off the tough, white bottom portions and discard. Cut into 1 or 2 inch sections, slicing diagonally.
2. Slice the red bell pepper lengthwise into thick julians or any way you like it.
3. In a medium bowl, tip in all the marinade ingredients. Mix thoroughly with a whisk to combine well. Make sure that no lumps remain.
4. Dip the sliced asparagus and bell peppers into the marinade mix and let sit for 15 minutes.
5. Preheat your oven to 450F.Grease your baking/cookie sheet.
6. Once marinated, spread the vegetables on the greased baking sheet separated. Bake for 8-10 minutes. If you like your veggies perfectly done, you can bake for 2-3 more minutes. Note: You will have to take out the sheet midway and flip over the veggies for even baking.
7. Add fresh garlic to olive oil and let sit for 10 minutes. Dip each slice of bread in the oil and garlic to coat lightly on both sides and toast the slices.
8. Top with baked veggies, sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese and drizzle more EVOO.