Thursday, January 28, 2010
Idlis - 6
Curry leaves - 4, chopped
Coriander leaves - 2-3 strands, optional
Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp, optional
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
1. Cut the Ildis in the shape of French fries.
2. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a thick non-stick flat pan and add the cut idlis
3. Toss around the idlis in the pan. Do not handle them a lot as they tend to break.
4. Separately heat 1/2 tbsp oil, add mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter. Add the chopped curry leaves, sesame seeds and then add this mixture onto the idlis and toss them around a little more.
5. Adding salt is optional as it depends on the idlis.
6. Make sure that the idli fries, brown evenly on all the sides.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve Hot!!