Serves : 2
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad daal - 1 tsp
Gram daal - 1/2 tsp
Green chilies 2, finely chopped
Ginger - 1/4 inch finely chopped
Onions - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Turmeric - a pinch
Coconut - 1 tbsp, optional
Coriander leaves - 2-3 strands - finely chopped, optional
Oil - 1 tsp
1. Powder the idlis with hand. There should not be big lumps.
2. Heat oil and add mustard seeds. When they start popping up, add the channa daal and the urad daal and stir until they turn golden brown
3. Add the curry leaves, and green chillies. Fry for about 1/2 a min
4. Add the copped onions and ginger and stir until the onions are soft and translucent.
5. Add turmeric and powdered idlis. Mix well. If requir5ed, add salt (Idlis will have salt, so be careful while adding extra salt). Stir fry until they mix up well.
6. Garnish with coconut and chopped coriander leaves.