Tuesday, November 17, 2009
"Lets party" cake
Cake mix - 1 box, any flavour
Water - 1 1/4 cup
Vegetable oil - 1/3 cup
Eggs - 3
Whipped fluffy white frosting or Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy Vanilla frosting - 1 box
Food colors - yellow, pink, neon blue, neon green
Candy-coated chocolate candies - 1 box
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). grease and flour bottom and side of 9-inch round cake pan, or spray with baking spray with flour. place paper baking cup in each of 9 regular-size muffin cups.
2. Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. spoon about 2/3 full batter into muffin cups. pour the rest of the batter in the 8" pan
3. Bake as directed on box. cool completely or freeze as desired, about 1 hour.
4. In small bowl, place 1 tablespoon frosting; stir in 2 drops yellow food color.
5. In another small bowl, place 2 tablespoons frosting, 4 drops pink food color
6. In third small bowl, place 1/3 cup frosting; stir in 7 drops blue neon food color.
7. To remaining frosting in container, stir in 7 drops green neon food color.
8. Cut the top part of the cake so as to get a flat cake and then invert it. frost top and side with green frosting.
9. Frost 5 cupcakes with blue frosting, 3 cupcakes with pink frosting and 1 cupcake with yellow frosting.
10. Place the blue cupcakes sides touching, in circle on the base cafe. Place the pink cupcakes on the blue cupcakes. Place yellow cupcake on top center.
11. Press candies into frosting to decorate. store closely covered at room temperature.