Daniya/Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - a pinch
Salt - to taste
Coriander - 4-5 strands, finely chopped
1. Cook the potatoes with salt in a pressure cooker for 5 whistles. Then let the potatoes stay for 10 minutes. Very carefully, drain the hot water from the potatoes and let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Peel the potatoes. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
2. In a frying pan, heat one tablespoon of oil.
3. When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds till it starts to splutter
4. Add the sliced onions, cook till they are soft and golden brown
5. Now add the tomatoes, red chilly powder, daniya powder, turmeric and mix well and cook on medium-low heat for about a min. Add more salt as required.
6. Add the cut potatoes to the seasoning and stir. Toss the potatoes gently.
7. Let the potatoes cook in low heat till evenly brown. Stir occasionally so as to not burn them.
8. Garnish with the coriander. Potatoes are ready to be served.