Sunflower Oil - 2 tbsp
Portobello Mushrooms - 8, wiped
Onion - 1 chopped
Garlic Clove - 1 crushed
Rolled Oats - 1/4 cup
Tomato - 2 chopped
Hot Pepper Sauce - 1/2 tsp
Pine Nuts - 1/4 cup
Parmesan Cheese - 1/4 cup, finely grated
Ground Black Pepper - to taster
Salt - to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Use a little of the oil to lightly grease a shallow ovenproof dish. The dish should be large enough to hold the mushroom caps in a single layer.
2. Remove the mushroom stalks, chop them coarsely and set them aside. Reserve the whole mushroom caps.
3. Heat the oil in a small saucepan and saute the onion, garlic and mushroom stalks until softened and lightly browned.
4. Stir in the oats and cook for 1 minute more.
5. Stir in the tomatoes and hot pepper sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Arrange the mushroom caps, gills uppermost, in the prepared dish. Divide the stuffing mixture among them.
7. Sprinkle the pine nuts and Parmesan Cheese over the mushrooms.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender and the topping is golden brown.
If you can't find portobello mushrooms, any of the other flavorful varieties in season will do.