Gongura leaves - 1 cup
Green chillies - 15
Red chillies - 5
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tbsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
1. First fry the red chillies and fenugreek seeds until red chillies colour deepens.
2. Grind these in the mixer into a dry powder.
3. Fry the green chillies separately on medium flame for 5 min. Add this to the powder and grind again.
4. Now fry the leaves with 2 tbsp oil until the leaves shrink and soften.
5. Add this also the mixture prepared earlier, add salt and grind coarsely; do not add any water
6. In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil and add mustard and wait for them to crackle
7. Once the mustard crackles, add the mixture from the mixer, mix well and remove from heat
serves as chutney and can be preserved for long term use