Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Vegetable Peking Noodles
Hakka Noodles - 1 packet
Capsicum - 1 sliced
Carrot - 1 cut into inch long pieces
Beans - 8-10, cut into inch long pieces and slit lengthwise
Cabbage - 1/2 cup, sliced
Spring Onion - 1/2 cup, shredded
Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
Red Chillies - 4
Soy Sauce - 2 tbsp
Red Chilli Sauce - 1 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Ground Pepper - to taste
1. Cook the noodles as per the instructions on the packet
2. Heat oil in a frying pan on high heat and add the garlic, and red chillies
3. Reduce the heat to medium and add the beans and little bit of salt and stir fry for about a min
4. Add the carrots and little more salt and stir fry for about 1/2 a min
5. Now add the capsicum and cabbage and mix well
6. Add the soya sauce, red chilli sauce and salt/pepper as required and stir fry until the vegetables are cooked.
7. Now add the noodles and stir fry on high flame. Use chop sticks, if available, to mix the noodles.
8. Garnish with the spring onions and serve hot.