Ground Turmeric - 1 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Black mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Water - 3/4 cup
Ground peanuts - 1/4 cup, optional
Salt - to taste
1. In a bowl, combine carrots, coconut, cumin, coriander, and turmeric and mix well.
2. In a skillet with a lid, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mustard seeds and fry until seeds pop.
3. Add carrot-coconut mixture and fry for 10 minutes.
4. Add water, salt to taste, lower heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
5. Mix ground peanuts into carrots, if desired, and serve steaming hot.