Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp, for garnishing
Curry leaves - 6
1. Gently wash the sabudana and soak in about 1/2 cup of water for about 8 hours. add more water as desired if the sabudana has absorbed the water. The end result should not be soggy, so be careful while adding water.
2. Roast the peanuts on medium heat until they are lightly brown. Cool and powder coarsely and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add mustard seeds and wait for them to splutter.
4. Once the mustard seeds splutter, add the cumin seeds and fry until the colour deepens. Then add curry leaves and green chillies and stir for abut a minute.
5. In the meanwhile, gently stir the soaked sago with a spatula so the grains are separated from each other.
6. Add the sabudana to the pan and stir gently to ensure all the ingredients combine together. Cook on a medium-high flame for another 5-6 minutes till the grains turn translucent.
7. Remove from flame and stir in the coarsely powdered peanuts.
8. Garnish with coriander/cilantro and serve hot!