1. Cook the basmati rice with the water and 1/2 tbsp of oil in a pressure cooker until done. Once done, remove from the cooker and fluff up to let it cool
2. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan until it is hot but not smoking, add the mustard seeds and wait for them to crackle. Then add the curry leaves, wait for them to sizzle and immediately add the peanuts.
3. Fry the peanuts until they slightly change colour, immediately add the channa dal and urad dal, reduce the heat to low and fry for about a minute until the dals and the groundnut all are uniformly golden brown.
4. Add the green chillies, stir and then add the onions and turmeric. Mix well and fry until the onions become soft and turn reddish.
5. Remove from heat and pour over the pre-cooked rice. Add the lemon juice, salt to taste and mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.