This easy cake is light on sugar and also admittedly light on chocolate. It contains just enough of both to make it a treat.
Salt - a pinch
Semisweet chocolate chips - 1/3 cup
Butter - 3 tbsp
Egg - 1
Packed brown sugar - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
Frosting - of your choice
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 9" baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a small microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup, combine the chocolate chips and butter. Microwave on high for 10-30 seconds. Stir until the chocolate is melted; let cool.
4. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the egg, brown sugar milk, and vanilla until blended. Beat in the cooled chocolate mixture until blended.
5. Gradually beat in the flour mixture until blended
6. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and cool on rack for 10 minutes. Remove the cake to the rack and cool completely
8. Frost and cut into 16 squares.