Sunday, March 14, 2010
Vermicilli - 2 cups
Vegetables - 1 cup (beans, carrots, peas), diced
Juice of 1 lemon
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon - Clove powder - 1/4 tsp
Onion - 1 medium, chopped finely
Ginger paste - 1 tsp
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Ghee or Oil - 4 tbsp, divided
Cashews - 8-10
Turmeric - a pinch
Water - 3 cups
Coriander leaves - finely chopped for garnishing
1. In a thick bottomed pan, fry the vermicilli with 1 tbsp of oil or ghee until it evenly browns and set aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of oil and add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for about 1/2 a minute and then add the onions. Stir fry until the onions turn golden brown.
3. Add the vegetables starting with beans, then the carrots and finally peas and cook until the vegetables are almost done.
4. Then add the spices - turmeric, coriander powder, red chilli powder and the cinnamon-clove powder and mix well.
5. After another minute add the water and salt. Bring water to a boil and then add the fried vermicilli.
6. Deep fry the cashews in the remaining oil until they are golden brown and add to the pulao. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve hot!!