These are simple butter cookies that are sweetened with marmalade instead of sugar. Us any fruit-juice-sweetened jam, jelly or preserve.
Makes: about 3 dozen
All-purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
Baking powder - 2 tbsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Butter - 1/2 cup, softened
Your favourite fruit juice-sweetened marmalade, jelly, or jam
Egg - 1
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt until blended
3. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter; marmalade, jelly or jam; egg; and vanilla until blended.
4. Gradually beat in the flour mixture until blended. The dough will be streaked with marmalade.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet, at least 2" apart. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
6. Remove from the oven and cool on rack for 1 minute. Remove the cookies to the rack and cool completely.