Oil - 2 tbsp
Urad dal - 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 6-8
Coriander - for garnishing, finely chopped
1. Pressure cook the potatoes until soft but not mush
2. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan, and add the mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds crackle, add the chana dal and urad dal and fry on medium heat until they turn uniformly brown.
3. Add the green chillies and curry leaves and after another 1/2 a min add the onions and turmeric.
4. Stir occasionally and cook until the onions are soft and turn slightly brown in colour. Add the peas and cook on medium heat.
5. Meanwhile peel the cooked potatoes, break them coarsely with your hands.
6. Once the peas are cooked add the potatoes. Add salt to taste and mix well.
Garnish with coriander and serve as a side dish with most Indian meals.